2010-02-15

Dry County

Before going to Berea, I never knew what did it mean for dry county.

I met the dry county when I arrived Berea, people explained to me that Madison County in KY is a dry county, which means people could not buy liquor in the shops/supermarkets/
restaurants - as there was no supply at all.

In Berea, I couldn't see any beer nor liquor, I was thinking because I was in a Christin college; even though in the restaurant of Boone Tavern, I couldn't see any liquor.

Then, later on, I got the chance to Lexington, when I was in the supermarket, I didn't see the beer either.

I asked my buddy, and she told me that in certain area of Lexington, one might find liquor, but for Richmond and Berea, which belong to Madison county, - it was DRY COUNTY.

To my knowledge, one might not easily find liquor in Berea, but there were still drunk people.

People shopped in other places, and brought back to Berea.

I remember one student got drunk and climbed on top of the gym building on a Saturday night, he flied down and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.