無論是收到哪一種邀請函,我們理應回覆,並明確表示接受與否。而且,不論接受邀請與否,也應對邀請者表示感謝,這星期看看回覆邀請函的簡易三部曲。
A) 如果決定出席,那麼邀請函的回覆,一般應包括以下三點:
1. 首先感謝對方的邀請,並重述邀請函中的主要內容,例如:
a. Thank you very much for the invitation to your dinner party on (date).非常感謝你邀請我們參加(日期)舉行的晚餐派對。
b. Thank you for your letter dated (date) inviting our corporation to participate in the (event).
非常感謝你們(日期)的來信,邀請敝公司參加(活動)。
2. 然後欣然地表示接受邀請,並簡單說明自己的計劃。
a. It is with great pleasure that we will come to your (event).
我們非常高興屆時能出席你們的(活動)。
b. Nothing could give us more pleasure than accepting your kind invitation.
沒有比接受你們的邀請更讓我們高興了。
c. Ms. Chan has much pleasure in accepting the invitation to the cocktail reception to be held on (date), but owing to an earlier engagement, will arrive a little late.
陳女士欣然地接受邀請,出席(日期)舉辦的雞尾酒會。但因另有約會,將晚到片刻。
3. 最後表示期待赴會及與對方見面的心情。
a. I look forward to meeting you in the party this Saturday.
我期待星期六與你在派對見面。
B) 假如拒絕邀請,邀請函的回覆內容應包括以下幾點:
1. 首先,要對對方的邀請表示感謝。
a. Many thanks for your letter dated (date), inviting me to attend (event) to be held in (venue) on (date). However,…
非常感謝你(日期)的來信,邀請我們出席(日期)舉辦的(活動),可惜…
b. I appreciate very much your kind invitation for Saturday but …
對你本週六的誠意邀請不勝感激,但是…
2. 然後具體說明自己無法接受邀請的原因,並對無法出席表示遺憾。
a. Much to my regret, I will not be able to honor the invitation because…
非常抱歉,我將不能應邀出席,因為…
b. I regret that sickness in my family prevents me from being present on the day in question.
由於家人生病,屆時不能出席,甚為抱歉。
c. Please accept my sincere regret at not being able to join the banquet.
由於不能參加晚宴,請接受我誠摯的歉意。
d. I am sorry to tell you that I will not be able to attend (event) on (date), as I am leaving town on urgent business and will not be back until (date).
十分抱歉,我不能應邀於(日期)出席(活動)。因有緊急公務,我將會離開香港,並於(日期)才能回來。
e. Unfortunately, they are unable to accept the invitation owing to a prior engagement in the same evening.
但因事先在同一個晚上另有約會,他們未能接受邀請。
f. I’m terribly sorry that I can’t join you in the picnic because I’m not been feeling too well. (for informal invitations)
由於最近不太舒服,所以不能參加你們的野餐,非常遺憾。(非正規的邀請)
3. 最後,可再次多謝邀請,並表達自己的祝願,例如希望活動能夠順利進行。
a. Thank you once more for honouring me with your invitation.
再次感謝你的邀請,並感到榮幸。
b. I wish the conference a complete success.
希望會議能順利圓滿舉行。
c. With very good wish for the success of the product launch.
祝願產品發佈會成功。
Frankie Chan
MA in E
No comments:
Post a Comment