2021-05-02

IT mangers

 

Top (12) "Soft Skills" Essential to I.T. Credibility

  1. I.T. managers must prioritize work requests according to needs and capabilities.
  2. I.T. managers must handle complaints without getting defensive (to have a thick skin).
  3. I.T. managers must communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
  4. I.T. managers must recognize and learn from mistakes (and own up to them).  Also See:  Common Management Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.
  5. I.T. managers must "read" people, situations and to know how to respond accordingly.
  6. I.T. managers must be open to reasonable, calculated risk.  Also See:  Are You Ready for a Risky Project?
  7. I.T. managers must delegate work responsibilities as appropriate.  Also See:  How to Delegate With Minimal Risk
  8. I.T. managers must anticipate objections and pre-empt problems.
  9. I.T. managers must make every end-user feel "important" and well served.
  10. I.T. managers must keep an open mind and stay away from the "not invented here" syndrome.
  11. I.T. managers must display a willingness to act (and avoid analysis paralysis).  Also See:  Recognizing and Avoiding Analysis Paralysis.
  12. I.T. managers must avoid the tendency to micro-manage as an instinctive means of just getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.