2012-09-04

Great Quotes

 Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.~~~~Saint Augustine

Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility. - Pablo Picasso

Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act.  There is no other route to success. - Pablo Picasso

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. - Michelangelo

You get whatever accomplishment you are willing to declare. - Georgia O'Keeffe

I know the price of success; dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Life is a succession of moments, to live each one is to succeed. - Cortia Kent

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali

It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them. - Man Ray

If others can see it as I have seen it, then it may be called a vision rather than a dream. - William Morris

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.~~~~
Hill, Napoleon

A dream you dram alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. -Yoko Ono

I dream of painting and then I paint my dream. - Vincent van Gogh

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent van Gogh

Every block of stone has a statue inside it, and it is the task of sculptor to discover it. - Michelangelo

At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon.  And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since. - Salvador Dali

The fishermen know the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore. - Vincent van Gogh

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

The pain passes, but the beauty remains. - Pierre Auguste Renoir

Creation begins with vision. - Henri Matisse

Every act of creation is first an act of destruction. - Pablo Picasso

Art is either plagiarism or revolution. - Paul Gauguin

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing. - Marc Chagall

Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly? - Frida Kahlo

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun. - Pablo Picasso

I do not seek. I find. - Pablo Picasso~

“Life is like an onion: you peel it off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.” ~ Carl Sandburg

Talent does whatever it wants to do. Genius does only what it can. - Eugene Delacroix

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali

My mother said to me, "if you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope."Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.  - Pablo Picasso

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. - Edgar Degas

If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses. - Bruce Nauman

Don't be an art critic. Paint. There lies salvation. - Paul Cézanne

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

Action is the foundational key to all success. - Pablo Picasso

To see far is one thing, going there is another. - Constantin Brâncusi

Great things are not done by impulse, but be a series of small things brought together. - Vincent van Gogh

Seven days without laughter makes one weak. - Mort Walker

Art is too serious to be taken seriously. - Ad Reinhardt

There is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. - John Ruskin

Nothing  is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. - Auguste Rodin

The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming. Thus it is with present time. - Leonardo da Vinci

A young man who is unable to commit a folly is already an old man. - Paul Gauguin

He who thinks little, errs much. - Leonardo da Vinci


From,: Great Quotes from Great Artists
by David Katz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.