2020-12-19

My Angel - Maria

A touching story posted in my Berea friend Maria ‘s FB yesterday:

“Today was my birthday.  Something I don’t take for granted.  I am extremely grateful to my family and friends for making the day perfect. Each person who took a moment or two out of their day to reach out know that I appreciate it tremendously. 

The best part of my day was at Kroger today.   I was in the checkout lane today and asked the lady in front of me if she would give me the privilege of purchasing her groceries. And she cried.   She was overwhelmed by a stranger doing this act of kindness for her. 

I am telling this not to brag but to share my own story. This lady shed tears in the checkout at Kroger because she was feeling at her end.  This simple act changed her and it changed me. I saw her pain in the gratitude she expressed.  I understood how that feels. 

For years as a single parent I struggled. There were time that the only thing I had was my pride and dignity. Tonight as I sit in my home with my family reflecting back I tear up too.  Not with the pain of the past but in gratitude for this moment and this feeling of utter completeness. 

So if you made it to the end of this post, thanks and know because of your love support and kindness I am a better person. 

Thank you”


With the comments I made, she reminds me that she acted as a  barber for me, as at that time, I had long hair, she helped me to save money to cut my hair.

Thanks so much for such a wonderful person, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.