2014-03-23

Farewell, River Cam Once Again! 徐志摩的《再别康桥》

Farewell, River Cam Once Again!
Xu Zhimo ( 徐 志 摩 )
English version:Frank Huang(黄新渠)     

http://www.24en.com/column/huangxinqu/2011-03-02/132574.html

Gently I take my leave,                   
Just as gently I came here;                                                    
Gently I wave my farewell,
To the rosy clouds in the western sky.

Weeping willows by the riverside,
In the setting sun is a pretty bride.
Her graceful shadows in the river,  
Fill my heart with the rising tide!

Green duckweeds growing in the sludge                                           
Are swaying gently under the water;
I am willing to be a water plant,
Amid the gentle waves on River Cam.

Under the shade of elm trees,
That pool is not a clear spring, but               
Shattered waves of a rainbow from the sky;          
It is laden with a rosy rainbow's dream.

To seek a dream? With a long pole,
To the grass more lush and green I row.
Overloaded with a boat of starlight,
I sing aloud amid the brilliance of stars.    

But I cannot sing it aloud,             
Silence is the farewell tune in my flute.
Even summer insects keep silent for me,
So silent is River Cam tonight!                     

Quietly I take my leave,         
Just as quietly I came here;
Gently I flick my sleeves,
Not even a wisp of cloud do I take away.

November 6,1928 over South China Sea
English version: (Frank) Huang Xinqu
Revised:  2009 10. 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.