2017-02-19

Brother and sister

I am the only daughter in my family,
I never have the privilege for being girlish like my friends in their family. 

When I went to College,
I started to have room mates,
two persons to share a room together -
Seabury 210.

I have 3 roommates for four year.
three of them were very nice to me,
I always miss them.

First one is Cynthia, second one is Jones,
while Kristi is my roommate in Summer time,
we stayed off campus in my first summer,
by the time she was dating with L.J.

Cynthia is my first year 's roommate,
she moved out second year as she got married.
Jones is my second one,
till the last semester of my senior year,
she moved out to house sit,
and I got the whole room by myself.

Two of them came to visit me from time to time,
I am lucky to have them in my college life.

This Friday, accidentally met Cynthia over Facebook on line,
and exchanged with her the update,
we talked about that we havn't seen each other for long time,
after I came back from States.

Suddenly I have the feeling that she is like my sister,
as she is the first one who helped me out to survive in Berea,
she is my first roommate,
she is a kind person form Liberia,
business major,
she could not do Math easily,
I didn't know much about her background,
but she offered me guidance and help whenever I needed,
she always made me feel good by saying  "You are smart, You can do it",
she encouraged me a lot,
I really could not thank her enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday,
surprisingly, met my brother,
out of my expecation,
he left family for decades,
I really don't know what a big brother is,
I always admire my high school friends,
their big brothers and big sisters always help them a lot.
and the family have a special bond and relationship,
but we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.