2023-07-15

A Greeting from Dr. Cheryl Nixon, Berea’s 10th President

 Dear Alumni and Friends,

It has been an exciting couple of weeks for me. On July 1, I began my service to Berea College as its tenth president, and it is such an honor and privilege to become a Berean. The day before, we invited the campus community to a transition ceremony, where Dr. Lyle Roelofs presented me with a copy of the Great Commitments that has traditionally hung in the President’s Office in Lincoln Hall. I am grateful to Lyle and Laurie for their 11 years of leadership, and I promise to uphold Berea’s great mission.

Since that day, I’ve been warmly welcomed by staff, faculty, and students who are studying and working on campus this summer.

And now it is time for me to greet each one of you, and I hope you’ll watch the video I’ve created to say hello. I look forward to meeting you on campus or wherever you may reside, and most of all I wish to thank you for your support of and dedication to Berea College. Your generosity perpetuates Berea’s inspiring and timeless mission to provide a first-rate education to students of limited means and unlimited potential.

Here’s to you and to Berea Beloved.
 
With warmest regards,
 Signature of Cheryl Nixon

Dr. Cheryl L. Nixon
President




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.