2011-03-28

德子

Forget her full name and I have missed her for many years, since she left Macau and went back to Japan.

Tried many methods to locate her, but failed. Recently 's earthquake event made me miss her even more.

She was an exchange student to UM the year when I came back Macau after my college study. 

As I wanted to learn Mandarin, I registered an evening course in an institute where I met this young and elegant lady - she was really hard working - in addition to the normal study, she took the evening course in learning Mandarin, she didn't speak very fluent English, nor her Chinese was minimum, but she could recognize the characters.

She sat next to me, we communicated in our poor Mandarin, as both of us were beginner in the Chinese Mandarin, I had great respect to her as I knew, for a Japanese lady, she faced big challenges to go out of campus to attend this Chinese course, our foundation were different, this was not the course for foreigners!

She studied very hard and she got good praises from our teacher, and our teacher was very kind to help her.

After the class, on weekends, I introduced her to my friends, took her out to experience the Chinese cultures, (as I had been experienced the loneliness in a foreign country), in exchange, she also introduced her Japanese friends to me - that's the way I met Takemei San and Eric San, and a few guys form a big Japan Corporation. We play tennis, we ate out, we cooked at home....it was really wonderful cultural exchange!

Later on, after she left Macau, we kept on our own mailing address, we exchanged mails - I planned to visit her, but didn't make the trip workable, however my friend F got to visit her and was really impressed by her kind treat, F also enjoyed the treat of 德子's parents. Nevertheless, we also admitted that her career path back home was not as great as we were in here, being a female in Japan.

I was kind of jealous of F's travel to Japan. - Later on, F and I realised that 德子 has moved and we lost her contact.

I wish I could find her out and communicate with her, I wish her everything is all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.