2011-03-28

Sunday Trip to HK

Went to HK for a one-day trip with my father on Sunday.
Besides went to  Ching Chung Sian Yuan -青松仙苑 in New Territories to pay a respect to my grand-mom's urn space ( took bus 960 from the bus station opposite to Weng On Store direct to Rainbow Bridge and walked several minutes, and later realised that I could avoid walking by taking 58M or 58X direct to the destination, been there few times, but every time I have trouble on identify the location), went to do shopping in Tuen Mun Plaza and  Monk Kok area, and ate in the 添好運 Dim Sum Shop (spending one hour to wait for the table for this famous excellent Dim Sum Shop - still it was worth it).

Did some shopping and experienced the "wonderful" Hong Kong customer service -

Lesson 1:

I bought a jacket in a big department store, I  asked for the medium size.

At first, the assistant gave me the small size and she said that I could wear it. In addition, she gave me the color I didn't like...... and after spending the time, I eventually got my favorable color and size.  By the time I paid, she said that the small size fits me, but the medium size is OK too.  All it depends on whether I wear some clothing inside or not ! - What a good conclusion from her, the saleslady is always right !

Lesson 2:

I bought a coat in a boutique where it offered big sales - there were many customers in the shop including a western traveller.

This customer put on one coat, and it seemed that it was a little bit too tight, and she asked for the bigger size - the lady in the shop, I didn't know whether she is the owner or not, could speak simple English. She told this western customer that it was OK, and didn't allow her to try the other size.  By the time I was checking my item, I talked with the western lady, tried to tell her that the shop assistant was not happy with her, occupyinga lot of time of making busying decision - on size, then color etc.

Then, that shop assistant  asked me not to communicate with the western lady, as it would wasting the time and influencing the shop to do business, she would let her to leave.

I had no words, paid the money and said good-bye to the western lady - I think it is a bad impression to experience this kind of customer service - even though the price/ profit is not high, they should not treat the customers like this.

Lesson 3:

On browsing the lady street, bought some shifty umbrellas because they are so handy and in reasonable price- plus I always lose/break the umbrellas easily - when I checked the umbrellas - I discovered there was one obvious dirty spot in the umbrella, and indicated this to the owner - it was obvious that she noticed that, but she tried to quickly closed the umbrella and didn't allow me to check carefully.

In addition, she said that this spot was not important at all.

At last, I didn't buy this one from her, she was not happy, but I didn't think this is the correct way to do business - if I were her, I would indicate to customers and let them decide !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.