2013-09-27

Intended

by Erin E M Hatton

When the lamplight of the Sun
First touched the dark
And rolling, sighing, seeking wave
First kissed the land
When the first drop of rain
Met the very first leaf
That moment God chose you
And intended you for me
 
When that tiny living globe
Formed in the dark
And with the rhythm of time and space
First beat your heart
When God knit your limbs
And gave breath to your lungs
Your days he ordained
And intended you for me
 
All praise to our God
Who created all things
Who gave us life and gave us life again
Who came here this day
To create us anew
To take two hearts and meld them into one
 
From the moment that my eyes
First saw your face
And when you with an angel's voice
First spoke my name
When you first took my hand
Heaven's voice seemed to say
That before earth's foundation
He intended you for me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.