2011-08-08

Ghost festival

Whenever we enter into July of  Lunar calender,
the traditional Chinese paper-craft shop near my father's house always reminds the customers the coming of the Ghost festival,
they would show a lot of paper items,
like joss money,
different kinds of paper-crafts made into burnt offerings,
I am also reminded of ghost festival by seeing all kinds of nice hand-craft paper items,
and at the night time I can see people burning paper items on the streets to their ancestors.

For a firm believer of the old traditional cultures and beliefs,
my father usually makes plan for the July offering to their beloved ones.

Yesterday,
my father told me that  this year he has bought a paper-craft building for my mother (not only a house, but a building with 11 floors, cost about MOP400),
with other joss money, personal items, like clothes, jewelleries, servants,
he wants to ensure my mother and grandparents have lots of good things in their life in the other world.

He told me the building was a huge mansion, 
and he also gave it a very nice building name.
For this traditional offering,
he also spent some money on offering a ceremony in the temple before burning all the items to them.

I usually do not give any comments on his traditional practice.
But  this time,
I was thinking if it is so easy to buy a dream house,  
it is so good,
but it is in the other world??!!

Sometimes,
I think that if one day,
my father leaves the world,
will I also do the same thing for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.