2011-09-14

My grandaunt

I don't exactly know her full name,but since when I was a kid,
I knew there was a grandaunt who usually visited us once every year,
usually after the seventh day of the Chinese New Year,
as she said she needed to work for her boss' family during the busy festival.

I usually longed  for her visiting,
as we only met once a year,
plus she was very nice to me,
and she always bought me nice presents.

By the time I grew up,
my parents told me her story,
and I felt very bad because her money spending for my presents was not easy money.

She was the wife of my sixth grand uncle,
She married with my grand uncle whom I never met,
because he died young.

She was an elegant and tidy lady,
short hair, soft voice, medium height,
she should had come from an educated family.

They didn't have any children,
and for a lady without a husband,
her life was very tough in the old days.

She was lucky that she got a housework job with a medical doctor's family,
she stayed-in the house and worked wholeheartedly with the family.
She seldom had holidays,
and by that time,
we seldom chatted over the phone either.

She saw me growing up,
and I saw her getting old,
years by years,
I got taller and she got shorter.
She still worked with the medical doctor's family,
by the time I finished my high school.
I know her work was more than a job,
as they treated her as family member.

I miss the time chatting with her when she visited us,
sharing with the news with each other.

However,
the bad news came when I was in my sophmore year,
she got sick and not long,
she passed away,
I even didn't get the chance to say goodbye to her.

Nevertheless,
her beautiful and elegant posture is still always in my mind,
and her teaching to me is very valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.