2011-09-07

Woman and Dog

Few years ago,in the S. Paul's Ruins Square,
there was a statue called "Woman and Dog",
many people critized the posture of the woman,
as it was not nice to represent Chinese woman.
I had the same opinion,
and I didn't understand why the Portuguese artist got this impression for the art work.

For the past few weeks,
I usually spend my evening time in the nearby park.
There are usually many women with their dogs before dark in the Monte area.
I learn that from the number of dog owners I met,
it seems that women like dogs rather than men,
as only few masters are men,
The masters and the dogs sometimes sit together on the benches.

Today,
I accidentally saw one women with the similar posture of the statue,
I discovered that the impression of the artist was correct !!

It is just like a camer,
the artist captured the moment for the art work -
no matter it is good or bad,
to represent the Chinese woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.