2012-07-17

Price discrimination - Hong Kong Hotels

In commercial world,
it is very easy to find the example of price discrimination,
however,
I heard one case today,
but I think this one is race discrimination
- in a better sense,
noble price for people can't read Chinese.

Not long ago,
read news that Hong Kong cafe restaurants may have two price lists,
one for local people,
one for foreigners,
same food but different prices.

In today 's case,
my colleague told me to be careful for reserving hotel room in Hong Kong,
he also showed me the difference in the web-pages.

My colleague reserved a hotel room in Hong Kong,
he used the English web-page of this hotel,
to reserve one room for four nights for next week,
total price was about HKD 3600.

Today,
his wife accidentally discovered the price could be cheaper,
only HKD3000,
same condition, same days,
through the booking in the same hotel 's web-page,
but  in Chinese language.

For them,
they can read either English or Chinese,
and discover the practice,
definitely they immediately cancel the previous booking,
and reserve the room again,
through the web-page in Chinese language,
but for those foreigners,
well,
they have to pay the regular price,
or the premium price.

Who else knows this practice?
Only the smart wife of my colleague?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.