2012-03-21

Second hand clothes

This evening,
the TV program mentioned that nowadays people like to buy a lot of clothes,
even though at home they have plenty of clothes in the wardrobe;
in Hong Kong/Macau,
we do have the habit of shopping a lot whenever we have time and when new fashion is coming out,
thus it is really not environmental.
The TV program hostess encouraged  people to consider selling or/buying second hand clothes.

It reminds me I was not accustomed to buy second hand clothes in my freshman year,
but I change my mindset after one year of living in States.

During the first few months of my freshman year,
from time to time in my Dorm,
I met some girls and they showed me their nice clothes - jeans, jackets ... which they bought from the used clothes shops,
the outlook and the condition of the clothes were very nice,
nobody would realise they were owned by someone else before.

During the first summer break
I went home with Tracy,
we had good time of doing a lot of things.

We went out shopping for food,
doing laundry,
visiting museum, going to church,
seeing friends and relative,
and she also took me to the used clothes shops.

Both of us had a lot of fun of selecting clothes in the shop,
for college students,
we had limited budget to spend,
therefore we really enjoyed the wonderful shopping time.

I got some nice winter stuff for myself,
and I paid very reasonable price,
comparing with the new stuff in the big department store,
It was really a good experience!!!


After I came back from States,
I never got the chance to visit the second hand clothes shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.