2010-09-22

"NO !"

Today, discussed with my Portuguese colleague about my impression on the Portuguese.

She agreed with my observation that most of Portuguese would say "NO" before entering into a deep discussion, but later on, with some explanation, they may change their mind to accept the proposals.

At the same time, I told her that  for Japaneses, they may keep everything inside without expressing their views - I have few Japanese, and I learned the experiences.

She also told me her experiences on Chinese culture - and I quite agree - If you want to get some approvals from the Chinese, one should better ask the other person to ask directly, this is better to give some space for rejection, to save " face".

I also told her another experience - the Chinese may not directly say no, but let the answer flows in the air - you will never get the answer of no - but with no answer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.