2010-09-17

Regular or Decaf ?

I still remember the days when I was working in the restaurant.

For the morning shifts or when the customers finished their meals, whenever we had time, we held two pots of coffee - one regular and one decaf - and walked around the tables to refill the cups.

I didn't drink coffee at all, and I didn't know the difference, but I usually paid very special attention on identify the pots - this was one of the items need to follow, as we had training as the student waitress in the dining room, e.g. how to serve from the right hand side of customers, or how to place the dishes, desserts, drinks etc.

Usually some customers told us that they could not drink the regular, and insisted to have decaf, while some said no problems at all, especially when we made a mistake and honestly told them we had the wrong coffee for them.

However, I remember some seniors told me that whenever you were in the restaurant, one could not control whether it was really decaf or regular, as he/she could not see the difference, or even though the taste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.