2010-09-10

Peace Corps

When I was in College, once in a while, I heard some of my friends told me that they planned to do one year volunteering work with Peace Corp, after the graduation, before going to graduation school.

That was the time I learned something about learning by giving - I admired their action very much.

S went to South America for 1.5 years, and he told me the experience he got from the project was very glad.

I could not afford that, because at that time, I didn't have money nor the support from family, and besides, the Peace Corp only recruits Americans.

However, with the influence of my friends, I am really looking forward to or I should plan for a long vacation for that..............


Learn About Volunteering

Since 1961, the Peace Corps has shared with the world America's most precious resource – its people. Peace Corps Volunteers serve in 77 countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, and the Middle East. Collaborating with local community members, Volunteers work in areas like education, youth outreach and community development, the environment, and information technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.