2011-07-16

Turned OLD

My father lives alone,
and I try to have meals with him whenever I have time.
Still, being a daughter,
I know I need to do more.

The other day,
he told me he accidentally pressed the "Elderly Safe Bell" system when he was sleeping at mid-night,
the on-duty officer immediately talked with him over the system,
and made sure he was OK.
I only knew that until lunch time of next day.

Last Tuesday,
he had a dentist appointment in the government hospital.
Though he called the Taxi and sent him to the hospital,
however,
under the construction work of certain areas of the hospital,
he had difficulties to locate the dentist area,
a place where he has visited for many times,
thus, he was lost and did not know where to go,
I can imagine the scenery,
an old man lost in a hospital!!
Finally,
a fireman realised that and guided him to the correct place.

He told me after he came home,
I had nothing to say about that,
but I just want to thank to the people who helped my father,
appreciate a lot their kindness,
and I wish there are more people would like to help people in need.

I always remember this old saying,

"Honour the aged of other family as we honour our own".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.