2010-10-31

The difference of being a captain and a waiter

Whenever I was in the Chinese Restaurant for Yam Cha, I like to observe things around.

Today I saw one interesting comparison.

There were two tea pots on my table, one was needed to fill water, while one was about 1/3 full, I opened the empty one to signal for refilling.

The captain passed by, he immediately also checked with the other pot on the table, then, he took away both pots and refill them all at one time.

Most of the time, I realise that the waiters would only refill with the one that you ask for.

When I was appraising the efficiency of the captain, I also saw the other waiter holding the pot. He looked like that he had lost his way as he had just finished adding the hot water, however, it seemed that he forgot the location of the table, and he was trying to find out where did he take the pot and should return to the same place.

Don't overlook tiny things. No matter what, we should always pay our heart to do, then we will get good result easily.

Today, I can easily learn simple thing can reflect what is professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.