2010-10-22

Food Stamps

In my freshman year I learned a new term  "food stamps" from my buddies.  I really didn't know what was it until they explained to me that it was government aid to the poor people for food.

Before I went to States, I thought Americans were rich people, there should not be many people who needed the aids from the government. However, it was not the case, it depends on the region/areas.

For me, there were two extremes - while many people were depending the food stamps for living, many of us - especially when we ate in the food service of college, we wasted a lot of food, as it was served in buffet style.

I always appreciate the food, and I get the practice of using "doggie bag" to keep the leftovers, if they are still in good quality ( not the vegetables,as it is no good to keep after few hours).

Whenever I see the HK TV programs, discussing the issue of wasting food - I always tell myself that we should treasure the food.

We are lucky for we get what we want, but there are some people that they are less lucky, so we should not waste the gifts, and try to give our helping hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.