- My purpose today is to present (next year’s marketing budget).
- The reason why I’m here today is to present (next year’s marketing budget).
- The aim of this presentation is to illustrate (next year’s marketing budget).
- In this presentation, I’d like to explore (potential investment opportunities).
說明目的後，一般都會列出簡報大綱，而大綱的關鍵是要條理分明、次序清楚。要做到這點，便要運用次序連結詞（sequence linkers），例如：firstly, next, finally 等。
- I’ll start with….. Next, …. Finally, …..
- Firstly, …. Secondly, ….. Last but not least, …
- To begin with, …. Moving right along, …. To conclude,….
- I’ll open with…. Then, I’ll…. And I’ll wrap up with….
- I’ll like to start off by …. Then, I’ll go over ….After that, ….Finally, …..
－ I’ll start with a brief description of our latest product. Next, I’ll outline its various functions with a short demo. Finally, I’ll discuss the marketing strategies and logistic issues.
－ I’d like to start off by outlining some facts and figures about the consumer market in Japan. Then, I’ll go over the examples of advertising that have been enormously successful in Japan. After that, I’ll introduce our analysis of the current opportunities in the market as we see them. Finally, I’ll finish by explaining how we will go about entering the Japanese market based on our recent research.
在開始討論不同主題之前，可以把該段內容重點重申一次，讓聽眾更有條理地掌握內容重點。除了使用I’d like to introduce…的句型外，還可使用以下類似的句式：
- Now I’ll go over the first point, which is…
- That brings us to the second point, which is…
- It’s time to discuss our last section - …
不論你用的是PowerPoint或Keynote，在檔案裏加插適合的圖片、照片和圖表是常識吧。所以做簡報時，往往需要說明圖片內容，比如："As you can see from the graph, profits rose substantially from 7% to 15% last year. "。這句子的目的，是請觀眾注意眼前圖像，並把要講的內容與影像互相印證。
- These photos of … show/ indicate/ demonstrate/ illustrate/ depict/ reveal that…
- As seen from this chart, ….
- In this diagram, it highlights the fact that …
- If you take a closer look at this bar graph, ….
- May I draw your attention to this pie chart? It is evident that…