2010-05-15

5.15 Saturday Afternoon

Afternoon went to an art exhibition and a book fair.

Right after lunch, took the bus to Garden Lou Lim Ieoc, and saw an exhibition - art paintings from artists of Taiwan, China, HK and Macau - Actually, the paintings, some of them are very nice, were not as attractive as I would love to see.

On the other side, I think it is a good opportunity for youth artists to participate all kinds of exhibitions.

After that, had a nice walk inside the garden, though there are not many great scenery ( the lotus flowers haven't came out yet), I could see many elderly people relaxing in the garden, I also saw few Portugueses were drawing inside the Garden.

In the other side of the garden, I met the famous Macanese Artist - he might take his students to do some art works there.

Then, heading to Red Market area and did some groceries shopping.

Later in the afternoon, I was thinking whether I should go or not to the Spring Book Fair in Tap Siac.

At last, I told myself I didn't go to book fair for a long time, therefore, I walked towards the location of Tap Siac, I didn't take the bus, as the traffic was quite busy.

I walked there from my home, and I realised that I haven't walk into that area for a long time, and the neighbourhood became so strange to me, e.g. few shops were closed.

During that time, at the venue of the book fair, there was a talk by the HK artists Kam Kong Leong and Louis Castro - they were Macaneses, they talked about the childhood in Macau and their life in HK.

That corner was full of people, and I was overheard that plenty of them were their high school classmates as well as teachers.

It is so sweet to be home and meet all the old friends.

Back to my shopping in the book fair, actually, I am a book-lover, I would love to buy plenty of books, but I have told myself I don't have space to store the books (that's why I limit my times to the book fair or bookstores now, though I go to the public libraries every other weekends).

After spending about 1.5 hours there, finally, I treated myself by buying three books - on strategies and management.

Buying books make me feel good ( at least it is like a gift to myself ) if I go home without books from the book fair, I sometimes feel bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.