2010-05-23

Renfro Valley, Kentucky

C and J (my workmates from Boone Tavern since our freshman year) got married by the time we left Berea, so, it is very easy to remember that our graduation date is their anniversary date.

Sent them my best wishes by e-mail and I was afraid that it may be late, and got the reply that it should be May 23.

Just on time, so good!

It is always good to share our college memories -

C is a very smart and clear lady, and she likes to help people like me - foreigner!!

We knew each other very well, especially when I first arrived Berea, we were assigned to work in B.T. dining room.

She helped me a lot to adjust the work in the dining room - as I need to adapt the cultural difference at the very beginning .

I hanged around with her a lot, as both of us stayed and worked there for the first summer break.

I also remember her mom came over during that summer and she invited me to join them to go to Lexington to do shopping.

Her mom was so kind to buy me two cans of asparagus as I once mentioned that I missed the Chinese vegetables very much - I appreciated a lot of her kindness.

C 's little sister was a little girl at that time, and she was also interested to talk with me!

Lots of good memories.........

In her e-mail, she mentioned that once we went to Renfro Valley together, it was a treat by B.T.

Yes, I did enjoyed the shows very much, as it gave me a very original kind of country entertainment experience - though my image of it is very vague, as it has been long time ago, but by mentioning it makes me feel good - yes, I have been in the Renfro Valley!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renfro_Valley,_Kentucky

http://www.renfrovalley.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.