2011-04-05

Mrs Ruste

Mrs Ruste is the sister of one of my Portuguese classmates.

Many years ago, I met my classmate (who is a nun from Philippines) in the street one day and told her that I wanted to improve my English communication skills, especially in writing, then she told me that her sister had just arrived to Macau, and looked for tutor job.

As a result, I started to have my private tutor lessons every week with Mrs. Ruste.

At the beginning, we met  in a primary school near Red Market as Mrs Ruste had not settled down yet.

I should be her first Chinese student in Macau, later on, she found her own place near S. Paul's Ruins. She also offered me some nice Philippines bracelets  which I like very much.

Every lesson, she made me to read., corrected  my take-home composition, then, we talked a little bit - she told me her story, her husband was sick, and she had several children, she received her university education, and she knew that she could earn more money in Macau. As her sister served in Macau church and been here for a long time, that was the reason she came here.

At the beginning, she didn't accustom to Macau's weather, neither did I get accustom of her native English.  Later on, she found many jobs and many students for private lessons, and because I was busy on the other kinds of lessons - accounting, computers, I started to quit the English lessons, though I met her on the street and we had great talk. We became friends.

Several years later, I told her that I would like to prepare myself to go to US to study, and she promised to help me to write recommendation letter. 

By the time I finished my university study and back to Macau, I met her again on the street, and realised that she was busy as usual and she told me her children had finished university education and their life had improved a lot.

According to her outlook, I realised that she should have already earned a lot for her family, as I know, she worked very hard and tried to save as much as possible.  She told me that she was ready to go home but still she wanted to earn some more money, it was the last time I met her.

Later on, I also realised that several of my friends also took her private lessons - yes, at that time, we didn't have many choices to learn English from the foreigners.

As a result, I think she should be back home now as I haven't seen her in Macau for long time, I wish to meet her one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.