2011-04-17

Tim Ho Wan Dim Sun - Mongkok Shop

Have one day trip to HK yesterday, locating nice eating place and eating there is my favorite activity.

Whenever eating out, I try to eat something special and nice.

Last time, went to Tim Ho Wan and waited for 1.5 hours, still enjoyed the food.

This time, tried again, and knowing I need to wait, got the reservation first ( around 12), then, went to the bookstores of Mongkok areas ( there are plenty upstairs small bookstores, and I visited several ones).

Went back at 2PM, and still needed to wait for a while, finished the late lunch at 3PM,

Nice and delicious lunch, but the cost is not only the price, but the time.

One interesting thing, including last time, I could see many western people there, and they have English menu for the customers, however, the name of the shop is in Chinese only, as a result, when I was waiting for my seat, one foreigner with a tourist guidebook asked me to confirm the shop 's name and the place!!

As usual, the waitresses were very busy and the shop was very crowded.  I was sitting closed to the kitchen and I could see how the chefs worked. The guy is very young, and basically he is in charge of the steamed food section, whenever he gets the order, he put the well-prepared dim-sum into the steamer. Though, I know well that in behind, there are plenty of the preparation work.

I like the baked barbecue pork bun and the steamed river-shrimp dumpling - delicious!!

For this lunch, it is very best-valued, 2 persons cost HKD127, it is almost the price of one person for my regular Sunday Yam Cha 's charge, since the tea charge (2 dollars only) and there is no 10%  additional charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.