2011-05-20

"May" of my Senior Year

May is a special month to me,
still remember the unforgettable May of my last year in Berea.
I was pretty busy on preparation of my final exams,
writing thank you notes/cards to all my professors,
and saying bood-bye to all my friends in the campus -
as I knew it would be very difficult to see them again in such a wonderful place again,
( that was really ture!!!)

Connie and John married before they left Berea,

I was honoured to be part of their memories.
Working with them in Boone Tavern
eating together in food service,
hanging around with them when they started to dating,
and also the guest on their wedding day,
as they married in mid-May.

Like the other graduation students,
I needed to prepare the packing of all my belongings -
books, clothing, all the items that I owned in Berea.

I needed to make my plan for the coming days -

I had already applied two graduation schools as well as scholarship,
however,
I didn't get any response from my first choice,
for the second choice,
I got accepted,
but still I was not quite sure I really wanted to go for an MBA.

As result,
I decided to wait for a year,
to get in my favorite major - Economics Study.
Therefore, I stored some of my luggage in the college 's storage room.....
since I was planning to return States no more than one year's time.
 
Still remember the sunny day for our graduation date,
admired very much that all my friends had family members and relatives to attend their graduation ceremony,
the ceremony was quite long though.
I still didn't get the chance to watch the video I got from the College.

My ex-roommate J sent me a nice present for my graduation -
she knew I needed money -
I decided to fly back to Macau and work for the summer,
and for the graduation reward for myself,
I flied to S. Francisco to visit a Hong Kong friend,
and spent a week over there.

The week in S. Francisco was pretty good,
the weather was a little bit chilly,
especially at night time and morning,
she took me to see around,
I learned something quite different with  Berea,
also I knew how a Chinese girl struggled in a foreign place!

N.S. - It happened that I got the acceptance letter from my first choice graduation school, when I was back in Macau, I was so excited when I opened the letter and got the news, still, I postponed the return, and it happened that I didn't go back for my graduation study over there.

I need to pay a visit to Berea one day - my home-coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.