2011-05-10

四月初八 The eighth day of April

Today is the Buddha's birthday, and an official public holiday.

For many years, my father told me that today is also the birthday of the Tam Kong of Coloane, and every year on this date, the "Son I" association of Coloane, which he has joined long time ago, organise the parade, the celebration, Cantonese opera and the special dinner.

As a result, it has become my father's tradition to go to Coloane on that date, to pay a visit of the Tam Kong Temple, to see the parade, and to pay the annual association fee every year. Not to mention, to see his old  good friend, Uncle Fai.

It was pretty lucky that today we didn't wait long for the bus, however, the trip from Macau to Coloane is so long - it is really a city ride - as it passes many places, the bridge, Taipa downtown, ferry terminal, airport, hotels, ..... By the time we arrived, near the entrance, we saw Uncle Fai easily, he is very healthy, and he told us that he has eye-operation recently, and now, he has pretty good eye-sight. My father thanked him for his wedding cake of his granddaughter few months ago, as the two old man didn't see for long.....

Today, when I was on the bus, I heard and saw something:

Scenery 1:

The bus was full, and many people were standing inside the bus, by the time the bus arrived Ma Kok station, several people were waiting for the bus, 2 people got in, at the same time, most of the people inside the bus were watching two foreigners in the station, as they were very fat, people were worrying if they wanted to get in the bus, as the size of them could be equal to 5 people - fortunately, they didn't move to get in the bus - what a relief!

Scenery 2:

Several old people were standing inside the cabin, however, no young people offered their seats, an old lady told a little girl to give the seat to her, and the girl quietly gave her seat to this old lady. Actually the girl did not sit near by her family members.

Later on, I realised this girl kept on talking with her mom with sign language, I was thinking she could not speak. The old lady also found out this little girl 's sign language, and asked if she could speak.

This little girl explained that she could speak, she used sign language as her mother is deaf.

Scenery 3:

When the bus passed by the Taipa busy area, two flight attendants got in, both of them wore jackets to cover their uniforms, but I could easily recognised the airline - it was very crowded inside the bus, and the air-con was not enough. Both of them stood in front of me, I could see they wore a lot of make-up, and I could image that they were so hot with the jackets - what a work day for them!

Scenery 4:

As there was the parade in Coloane, many passengers were non-residents of Coloane to watch the celebration, but an old lady, she lives there and she has just finished the shopping and back to Coloane. I heard she chatted with one lady about life in Coloane - nice place to live, but not convenience for shopping, the market just sells vegetables and fruits, there are no pork, beef nor chicken, the people in Coloane need to go to Macau to do the grocery shopping, for her case, once a week - well, it seems that there is a trade-off , I never thought about this before, I always think living in Colone is very nice, but I never think about shopping !

I always like to take bus when I am free, as I can listen stories of other people and sometimes I can learn something!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.