2016-03-31

Lágrima

Tear
(Lágrima)

Full of sorrows... Full of sorrows I'm going to sleep,
And full of sorrows... Full of sorrows I wake up.
In my heart... Its already inside my heart
This way... This way of desiring you so much.

(Cheia de penas... Cheia de penas me deito,
E com mais penas... E com mais penas me levanto.
No meu peito... Já me ficou no meu peito
Este jeito... O jeito de querer tanto.)



Despair... What I have as my despair,
Inside of me... Inside of me like a punishment:
_ I don't want you!
But inspite of saying that I don't want you,
In my night-time... In my night-time I dream of you!

(Desespero... Tenho por meu desespero,
Dentro de mim... Dentro de mim o castigo:
_ Eu não te quero!
Eu digo que não te quero
E de noite... De noite sonho contigo!)



If I am already thinking of that one day when I'll have to die*,
desperate because I cannot see you!
I extend my shawl... I extend my shawl in the floor,
And I let myself falling asleep over it...

(Se considero que um dia hei-de morrer,
No desespero que tenho de te não ver!
Estendo o meu xaile... Estendo o meu xaile no chão,
Estendo o meu xaile e deixo-me adormecer.)


If I knew... If only I knew that when I'm dying
You would shed... You would shed a tear for me...
For One tear! ... Because of that single tear from you,
I would be happier and let myself die!

(Se eu soubesse... Se eu soubesse que morrendo
Tu me havias... Tu me havias de chorar...
Por uma lágrima! ... Por uma lágrima tua,
Que alegria me deixaria matar!)


*- This poem was written by Amália Rodrigues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.