2009-12-06

搭枱 - Table Sharing

Saturday and Sunday, two days in a row, went out to have Yam Cha with my father, for lunch.

Twice were forced to share a table with other "tea customers".

This is the Chinese way, even though in this high class restaurant, as the demand is higher than the supply, it is difficult to get the table.

After waiting for a long time, as only one large table is available, I have no choice, but have to share a table with other customers.

Unknown persons enjoy the Dim Sum on the same table. I am also forced to listen different topics of stories.

I know for certain kinds of Chinese Tea House, the elderly people go to tea house every day, as they may not be in group, it is very common for them to share table.

The old customers meet every morning, discuss hot topic from newspaper or from radio, they have common topics, thus it is OK to share table, they become friends too (my mother and my father had lots of " tea friend" long time ago).

For me, I think it is very uncomfortable to share the table, I want to have private discussion with my friends/family, not the others, also, I would not like to listen their stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.