2010-01-17

Membership cards and coupons

My colleagues like to eat Pizza, and they told me they got the membership cards. They explained to me that I can use 500 dollars to buy the cash coupons (which will be expired in a year's time, they emphasised that in one year time, we can for sure use the 500 dollars coupons!) and simultaneously I can get the membership card - for any meal I eat, I can entitle a 10% off for the bill.

It seems it is really a good deal, at the same time, I am thinking a business theory, if everyone wants to get the card, everyone deposits the 500 dollars, it is a lot of money for the restaurant, it is very good for them, they get the money in advance, and they know for sure that we are going to eat in the restaurant.

At the same time, my colleague also told me he got another membership card for the chain stores of W and P ( the same group), every time he buys in the stores, he can get the points, and later, he will get gifts. This membership needs not to pay, but fill in the application form. As per his instruction, I did register.

During the registration, I realise that there are some personal information in the form, including date of birth, address, phone, family information. In addition, for everyof my purchase, they can have my record , such as my personal shopping preference and information. For supermarket P, I think their prices are fairly higher than the other supermarket!!

Anyway, this is the way that the business people can get a lot of customer information through these kinds of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.