2010-01-28

Dress Down and Dress Up

I do not have any sense in fashion, therefore, dressing to me is like part of my job, I dress for my work!! - Occassionally, I got this kind of similar compliments from my friends :(

When I was in college, I can dress casually all the time.

During summer, my dress code was T-shirts with shorts. In winters, I had sweaters, a very warm fur overcoat (a gift by air-mail from my high-school buddies) and jeans. They were pretty good enough as we had heater in the buildings.

In the American culture, most of time, I dressed down myself, I remember I only dressed up for few times, for the class presentation and on my graduation day.

To my roommate, she always dressed nicely, sometimes she dressed pretty skirt with high heel shoes and she wore make-up every day. Most of all, every Sunday morning, even thought it was snowing, she dressed up herself to go to church.

When she went out to church, though I was lying on my bed, I sometimes had a thought that it should be good to dress oneself properly, to enjoy the beautiful Sunday with wonderful people, on the early morning of the first day of the week, it was a good start.

It is the power of dress, it gives confidence and make oneself feel good.

For me, fashion is like a magazine, I can read but I can't understand.

I would look for clean, comfortable and warm clothing, for my leisure time.

Nevertheless, I think dress properly is very important, it is the way we match with the others - "When in Rome, do as the Romans do!"

And, sometimes, it is good to dress up, to make myself nicer, and have a enjoyable and wonderful dinner, with wonderful people.

Feel GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.