2010-01-28

Host Family

That year, when I got the acceptance letter from Berea, I was so excited. The letter also informed that I may have a host family to help me out in states.

I was waiting and waiting, and at last I heard nothing.

As a result, I didn't have any host to pick me up in the airport, but two international students. They drove me back to the dorm, then, I need to get the way to survive.

For me, I need a very good adjustment for my first few days in States - my first dinner was cold drink with crackers from the vending machine, as I arrived on late afternoon.

Later years in Berea and now, I really know what are the differences for international students having host family, e.g.

Someone to pick you up when you arrive;
Someone help you to survive on the first few days of arrival;
Someone to give up rides for shopping;
Sometime to have meals together, especially thanksgiving, Christmas;
And most of all, to have cultural exchange!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.