2010-01-28

Placement Test

I didn't know what was that when I first arrived Berea.

For all the international students in Bera, we need to take the placement test to evaluate our standards in order to register for the different level of courses - in Math, English and the Physical Education.

As all the graduates in Berea should know how to swim, freshman should take the swimming test first; if one fails, he/she should take the basic swimming course any time in the college years.

I know how to swim, but I could not pass the test to swim 100 metres within certain time.

Therefore I was required to register the swimming course for my first semester. However, in my first lesson, the instructor told me to drop the course and register other one, as she said she only taught people knew nothing to swim.

I didn't do well for all the placement test ( I didn't prepare at all before leaving for States), even though for the Math.

That was why the first semester, I registered a math course which I found out quite easy. ( In my second year, I personally applied for the waiving test, in order to save my time to earn the requirements to register for higher level courses!!!)

Looking back, it was good for me to take an easy Math course in my first semester, as I could spend the time on other difficult subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.