2010-01-22

Movie - The Joy Luck Club 喜福會

When I was in States, S recommended me to read this novel or watched the movie, but I could not get the chance.

Until I came back, I saw this movie for few times, and I really like it very much, as I also found out my difficulties on the relationship with my mother.

No matter what, this is past tense now, for she is no longer in the world!!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Joy Luck Club is a 1993 American film about the relationships between Chinese-American women and their Chinese mothers. It is based on the 1989 novel of the same name by Amy Tan, who co-wrote the screenplay with Ronald Bass. The film was produced by Oliver Stone and directed by Wayne Wang. The cast is notable for consisting primarily of Asian American women.

Plot
Four older women, all Chinese immigrants living in San Francisco, meet regularly to play mah-jong, eat, and tell stories. Each of these women has an adult Chinese-American daughter. The film reveals the hidden pasts of the older women and explores cultural conflict and the relationships between mothers and daughters. The film is structured as a series of vignettes told from the perspectives of the different women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.