2010-01-22

McDonald's Restaurant

Every morning, on my way to office, I always pass by the McDonald's of Largo de Senado.

Actually, the restaurant does not attract to me very much. As I mentioned before, I don't like the burger in the McDonald, but only the egg sausage muffin.

However, the logo of golden arches always reminds me the kind of American culture I experienced in States.

One of my deepest impressions was on a cold winter early morning, we had been driving for the whole night in the highway, we saw the golden arch far away, and we were so excited to stop by the restaurant to have an early warm breakfast!!!

For the restaurants, all customers can expect the standard menus, kind of fresh and quality (they claimed)food, standard prices, the cleanliness, the politeness, comfortable sitting environment, drive-through take away counter service all over the States. For kids, some of the restaurants even provide children playground for their activities.

My American friends always said that one could rely on the food in McDonald, for they have standard procedures to handle the food, but one could not expect great surprise except feeding the stomach full. Some even said that the meat was too dry and it didn't have much meat juice. I quite agreed with that long long time ago.

After leaving US, no matter how many countries I have been visited, and the cities I travelled, I can always see the McDonald's restaurants. But I seldom visit McDonald in other countries, for I think I would like to enjoy different places' cultures by eating in the typical restaurants locally.

I am kind of holding my view on globalisation, even though I agree that people in the world can enjoy the comparative advantages, by doing all kinds of trade and investment, for the cultural aspect, I think we need to have differentiation.

McDonald's, it is only for the Americans!!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Golden Arches used on the exterior of the Times Square McDonald's restaurant.The Golden Arches are the famous symbol of McDonald's, the global fast-food hamburger chain. Originally real arches that were part of the restaurant design, they were incorporated into the chain's logo in 1962.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.