2010-01-17

From I20 to F1 Visa - Studing in US

My way to study in US was not easy, because it took me a long time to get the student visa.

Actually, my application to Berea was first turned down, I mailed my application on my birthday - August 9, simultaneously, I registered for the TOEFL exam. But I got the reply from school in September, they said that after evaluating my application, they concluded that I could have a better opportunity to apply for the other universities.

I was disappointed for I only applied this school. Looking back to this, I am proud that I didn't give up at that time.

I was extremely unhappy for the message destroyed my dream plan, therefore, I wrote a long letter to the International Student Officer, and explained my situation. After three weeks, he sent me a letter informing me that he would keep my application and let the selective committee decide my case. I was temporarily happy for a while, and continued my preparation for the TOEFL exam.

I took the exam before end of the year, luckily to catch the time to submit to the school for evaluation. My grade was not very high nor very low, but barely passed the normal requirement.

It was in the early February, I got an exciting letter that I got accepted,and I got an I20, which I needed to supply to the US consulate to get the student VISA.

I went to HK in early April, without much knowledge, I was rejected, for I was a single independent female- also non-traditional student ( going back to study after several years of working) and people said that without sufficient proof, it was really difficult.

Again, I was very down again, but I told myself, I should not give up, as I could see the light almost at the end of tunnel.

After some additional preparation, I went to HK second time to try again - they turned me down, but they didn't say that I could not apply again.

I was lucky this time, for the officer knew something about Berea, and with several Q & As and an evaluation of my submitted information, he told me I could get back my passport with the student visa on next day.

I was so excited, unbelievable, I got my VISA!!

Today, I really can conclude that - in life, we have a lot of difficulties ahead, but we should not change our mind, our desire is very important.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.