2011-06-16

Fall in love with dance

This Tuesday's dancing class was another new session,
some old students left,
some new students joined in.

As a result,
the instructor needed to teach some basic steps and has a brief explanation of the dance.

I quite agree with the description of line dance,
one needs not to have partners to dance,
one doesn't need to worry to disturb the others,
one can enjoy the nice music.
Don't worry if it is not as good as the instructor,
it is not a performance,
it is only a matter of practice,
the importance is one enjoys the dance - the exercise.

100% agree with that, that 's why I love line dance.

Remember when I was small,
in my kindergarten,
I was selected as one of the dancers to perform for the school's anniversary celebration activities,
I still have a photo of that performance,
I can see I had big eyes and red lips in the picture,
six of us wore strong make-up,
in our tailor-made same pattern green skirts,
with the beautiful same color hair band, and a tiny bell in hand,
we sang and danced on the stage.

The second year,
I was selected for the other performance again,
this time,
we could wear our own white skirts for the dance.
I had a beautiful princess snow white dress,
a skirt from my cousin in Hong Kong.
Because she grew taller and it didn't fit her anymore,
my aunt suggested to give it to me.
Since my cousin wore the expensive dress for only few times,
it was quite brand new.
I liked the dress very much.
I also like that dance -
the picture showed that I had longer hair,
thinner, taller
and the make-up was more natural than the previous year,
I adored that picture very much,
as it recorded my sweet moment during my childhood.

After that performance,
I didn't get the chance to dance,
until when I was in the first year of junior school,
there was a dancing class after school,
I really wanted to join,
but we needed to buy the shoes and also to pay the monthly activity fee,
which I could not afford it nor asked my parents to give me the money,
thus, I could only admired the class in my heart,
but I always enjoyed their performance.

In high school year,
occasionally,
schoolmates organised parties to dance,
but my parents were very strict,
thus, I only got the chance to join once or twice.

After high school graduation,
the co-workers liked to have disco dancing,
thus, just had fun dance for the whole nights on the weekends,
but I could say,
I really didn't know how to dance.

Once,
I joined a group to learn folk dance,
it is a group dance,
but sometimes we change partners.

Then,
when I was in college,
glad that I joined for the
country dance and the modern dance,
I think the country dance is similar to folk dance,
while modern dance is a creative dance,
each of the students had to compose a dance for the mid-term exam,
and also a research report on all kinds of dance -
funny enough,
I wrote something about the Cantonese Opera!!
Any way, the dances are fun exercises.

After I was back to Macau
I took a  line dance class once,
the instructor is actually my present instructor.

The other time,
I also took a class for ball room dance,
I didn't like it very much.

For a long time,
didn't do any kinds of exercises,
only until my french classmates took me to her line-dance class,
I started to join in the line-dance class again.

It is good exercise,
I like it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.