2011-06-24

A pair of chopsticks

The day before yesterday, I realised that I lost one of my chopsticks, and I blamed myself for being misplaced it or lost it - sometimes if you have something, you may not realise its existence means so much to you.

At home, I didn't cook very often, thus I don't have many kitchen appliances.This is the only pair of chopsticks I have with me.

I brought it back from the States, it was a gift from C when I was studying in College and I use it whenever I eat noodles at home even these days.

I remember when I lived in dorm, I ate in food service and I liked to buy instant noodles for weekend meals, C noticed that and he sent me the precious chopsticks.It is a pair of non-expensive red lacquer chopsticks, it is very easy to buy it everywhere in China/Asia area.

However, I was very surprised that in the small town, from an American, he offered me the Chinese chopsticks, he should have a love of Chinese cultures very much.

He did, later on, I realised that he had a rice cooker in his dorm room, for he had a Chinese Born American roommate - two of them liked to cook with the rice cooker - I admired them very much.

For the past few years, I once in a while keep in touch with him, and he visited me once, with his Japanese girl-friend.  Now, he has a Chinese wife, what a good culture exchange!

I still miss my chopstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.