2010-12-26

Tax Loopholes

After few months ' adjustment in Berea, I finished the first semester's course work and successfully got all A's for my credits, then, I entered into the first short term course in January (our system is 4-1-4).

Under the advise from my supervisor, I took an accounting course, "Business Taxation".

In the four weeks time, I needed to attend only one class each morning, read a book of my choice and made a report at the end of January. As told by my roommate, it was quite easy.

When I went to the library, I really didn't know how to choose my book in the book shelves, as a result, I went to see the professor and told her my difficulty ( it is always good to talk with people, don't close oneself, otherwise people do not  know how to help).

Dr. Pat knew me as she was my supervisor, and she knew that I was a foreigner student, there may be some difficulties on reading and writing, thus, she suggested a book ( not thick, but with dozen chapters) for me, she said that it was an interesting book, for the Americans also like to find way to avoid paying tax.

Therefore, I checked out the book from the library, I spent most of my time reading the book and started to write the paper - it was very true, the book was very interesting, the Americans would like to give names to their pets and consider them as the family members, in a way to save the tax.... there were plenty of stories like this, I liked the reading very much.

And within the time, I finished the reading, this was the first English book I finish the reading in such a short time.

Later on, with the other course work, it was very common to complete the reading in a shorter time, sometimes, I needed to finish the reading within a week, now, I have no problem at all, but at the beginning, it was really a tough time, but I overcame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.