2010-12-29

No Name, Colorado

In a cold January, I took the full month travelling and hiking course to the Southern and Western part of the United  States, it was quite a wonderful trip .

After so many years,I planned to upload my journals, as they were written in an exercise book, it will take time to do this project.

With the snowing, I remember clearly one evening, we passed by No Name,  it was a small community but the name was very interesting and it attracted my attention. That's true, in addition to the Grand Canyon, Archstone monumen, the beautiful national parks,  Casions of Las Vegas, Death Valley,........and also.I can still remember this tiny place - No Name !!

Source : Wiki..
When the state Department of Transportation was improving signage for the enhanced Interstate 70 Some one noticed that the little community had no name and simply put No Name on the sign for this exit. After a while locals got used to saying "I live in No Name." When a higher level bureaucrat arbitrarily assigned a proper name the local people rebelled and forced a change back to NO NAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.