2009-10-03

Memories of Berea - 1


I miss Berea. She is my second home town. She inspired me, brought me to a new world, from an ignorant person to a person that I know better myself, and to pay more attention to the things happen around me. I really agree education makes difference. Thank you Berea!!!

I like the Autumn Berea, the old good times of Mountain Day. I still remember the red leaves behind Drapper Building.

In certain sense, Berea is a very quiet town, sometimes even a dead town, I still remember the Thanks Giving Weekend, all the people were gone.

But when the students come back, it is alive again.

Berea is the place that I can really experience the four seasons, especially I worked as a weather observer over there for three years. No matter what and how the bad condition was, I still need to go out to work at 5-6PM.

I have experienced what is really extremely cold in my life (so far), but I did enjoy the difference between indoor and outdoor. If you never experience the cold, you will never appreciate the warm! Snowing in the winter, raining in the spring, tornado in the spring/summer.....

Food in Berea was not so attractive (TASTEFUL),I should say "Food Service"'s food, however it was self-help service, I could take whatever I like and want.

I should recommend the food in Boone Tavern, I miss the delicious spoonbread and the chicken flakes and of course the peacan pie!!......( don't forget that I can be a guide in the restaurant, as I worked there for my freshman year and I earned the freshman of the month award because of my excellent work over there).

http://www.boonetavernhotel.com/restaurant.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.