2009-10-04

Opportunity Cost


I didn't have a very full understanding of economics until I took my ECO 101 in my freshman year, this is because before I went to States to study, I just focused on how much should I save to keep my four years' expenses. The cost of having an oversea education was actually more than I expected.

At that time, I had a full time job from an international bank and also some tutoring jobs. All my family members were in Macau, and I had no one to support me.

Though I overlooked the opportunity cost, I made my dream came true. Therfore, in some sense, I should recommend that we should pay attention and evaluate the opportuity cost, but we should also keep in mind that there is no strict 1=1 calculation, we should make a balance of it.

I am a typical thinker, sometimes I think too much and no action at all, especially I take the consideration of opportunity cost. Therefore, sometimes I can make great plan, but without any action.

The opportunity cost of that - wasting time. I need action!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.