2009-10-22

Wal - Mart

My first shopping in Wal-Mart was on September 1, 1990.

I had no idea of the direction in the town, but I got a ride from a freshman's parents. They treated me nicely for there were not many foreign students.

As their daughter needed to buy some items, they also suggested me to " Wal-Mart" to buy my necessary stuff - pillow, blanket, pillow case... all the stuff for my bed. Also, they welcomed me by offering me a small pin of Kentucky -the blue grass state. I still keep this!

This was my first shopping experience in a big supermarket like in Wal-Mart. I found it quite huge, a real ware-house, and I can almost find everything there.

As I was a new student in town, a new resident in US, everything there was new to me, including the people and the mangement of Wal-Mart. However I did not dare to spend so much time on identify the things I needed, I tried to finish it as soon as possible.

Overall impression is that the prices were cheap and affordable. I also realised that most of the goods were imported from China. However, I needed to pay additional sales tax.

As I lived on campus, I learned later that if we needed to shop, we needed to walk for 25 minutes to go down the hill (about 1 mile). Shopping on campus was only for few times, as there were not many choices and the prices were high.

During my four years in Berea, shopping in Wal-Mart was one of my favorite activities in weekends. I enjoyed the window shopping on everything, and in addition, I can observe the people and the management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.