2009-10-25

Song - Tell Laura I Love Her

by Ray Peterson

Laura and Tommy were lovers
He wanted to give her everything
Flowers, presents and most of all a wedding ring
He saw a sign for a stock car race
A thousand dollar prize it read
He couldn't get Laura on the phone
So to her mother, Tommy said:
Tell Laura I love her, tell Laura I need her
Tell Laura I may be late
I've something to do that cannot wait

He drove his car to the racing ground
He was the youngest driver there
The crowd roared as they started the race
Round the track they drove at a deadly pace
No one knows what happened that day
How his car over-turned in flames
But as they pulled him from the twisted wreck
With his dying breath, they heard him said:
* Tell Laura I love her, tell Laura I need her
Tell Laura not to cry,
My love for her will never die

Now in the chapel where Laura prays
For her Tommy who passed away
It was just for Laura, he lived and died
Alone in the chapel, she can hear him cry:
Tell Laura I love her, tell Laura I love her....



萝拉和汤米是一对恋人
他希望能给她一切
鲜花、礼物,最重要的是:一只结婚钻戒
他看到一张赛车告示
上面说有一千元奖金
在电话中他无法联络到萝拉
於是请她母亲转告,汤米说:
告诉萝拉我爱她
告诉萝拉我需要她
告诉萝拉,我可能会迟到
我有事要做,没办法等

他把车子开到赛车场
他是最年轻的一位车手
比赛一开始,观众大喊大叫
他们以致命的速度绕着圈子
没有人知道那天发生了什麽事
他的车在火焰中翻了过去
当人们将他从扭曲的车身中拉出来
在奄奄一息中,听到他说:
告诉萝拉我爱她
告诉萝拉我需要她
告诉萝拉不要哭
我对她的爱永远不死

在教堂里
萝拉为死去的汤米祷告
对萝拉来说,他虽死犹生
独自在教堂里,她听得见他在哭喊:
告诉萝拉我爱她┅┅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.