2009-10-25

Song - Cecilia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdnjfxXpr7g

Cecilia - Paul Simon
Song Lyrics / Artist Information / Chart History
•Written and originally performed by Simon & Garfunkel (Paul Simon born 10/13/41 in Newark New Jersey, & Art Garfunkel born 11/5/41 in Forest Hills New York)
•The duo got together in 1957, recording as "Tom & Jerry", but their first hit didn't come until 1965 and the song "The Sound Of Silence"
•Cecilia was the 12th Top 40 hit for the duo, it reached #4 on the Top 40 charts in 1970
•In the Catholic Church, St. Cecilia is the Patron Saint of Musicians
•In contract to the obvious interpretations of the song, the more likely interpretation is that the song is about the trials of writing music, how when faced with a creative roadblock the Muse Cecilia is absent, and how jubilant it is when the Muse returns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Cecilia - Song Lyrics


Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home
Come on home

Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia
Up in my bedroom (making love)
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed
Someone's taken my place

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cecilia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home
Come on home

Jubilation, she loves me again,
I fall on the floor, and I'm laughing,
Jubilation, she loves me again,
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.