2010-03-30

April in Toronto

It was really an unforgettable and wonderful trip - I enjoyed all the nice and warm arrangements by P - meals, visits, sightseeing......... Thank you so much!

In addition, I also made an exciting journey to visit my father's teacher's wife - I never met this lady before, she didn't know me either.

I didn't plan at all, but by the time I was browsing around in China Town area, I was attracted by few paintings of the old master in a center.

My father told me the famous old painter's story when I was young. The teacher and the student always exchanged mails.

The last news was that unfortunately, the old master had a heart attacked and passed away before his exhibition many years ago.

I knew the whole family was staying in Canada, but didn't know where

Therefore, I was quite surprised that I learned the name of the teacher in this center in Toronto. I talked with the man in the center, who was also immigrated from HK many years ago.

He was so nice and told me that he knew the painter's wife was staying in an elderly home.

I also got the phone number, and I started to call and let her know who I was.

She was also excited to know me when I mentioned my father, actually, she knew my father well.

As a result, I decided to visit the Mrs. C by myself - Actually, I felt bad that I didn't bring any gifts from home.

I followed the instruction she gave me over the phone. I used the public transportation, tram, bus, and walking, it took about 2 hours....... and finally, I arrived that Toronto's elderly home - it was quite nice, each person could have his/her own apartment, clean and nice, and was provided by the government.

We were excited to see each other, she was quite healthy, and she took me out to a Chinese Restaurant for Yam Cha.

Though she stayed alone, she enjoyed the life in Toronto as the welfare was pretty good and her children could visit her sometimes.

For me, I was just like a junior student, pursued to learn the living of the overseas Chinese in Toronto.

I really enjoyed the stay and the time over there. Wish one day to return to visit the old lady again!

After the trip, when I told my father that I saw the old lady and brought him one book about the master's painting - he was so contented!!!

Definitely, he would love to make the trip by himself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.