2010-03-13

Ricci School

I had a very long journey to go to school, as I changed a lot of schools in my early years.

It was not my problems, but the schools.

My kindergarten school was very closed to my house, the name should be "Tak Ming", later on, it moved to the other places. Thus, my parents needed to find another school for my brother and I.

Then, I went to the "Hon Man school". This school was in the Central area, it took about 5-10 minutes walk from home - now it has been an old residential building.

I remember the headmasters (they were brother and sister) were very tough. We needed to recital the quote, like "I am part of the Hon Man School, and I am willing to do........." I finished my primary one over there, when I started to familiar with the school, suddenly, the school announced that it was going to be closed at the end of the school year.

It was my parents' headache again, they had to find the schools for us again - we applied two, in order to see which one was better - for the first one, my brother and I told our parents that the teachers were very touch to us.

Then, my parents tried to help us to apply the "Ricci School" - recommendation from the neighbours - therefore, I started my primary 2 over there.

My nightmare of changing schools terminated since that time - I hated the changes.

I liked the school very much. It is a catholic school. There were plenty of open area for us to play at that time - a public garden and a playground. The school was located in the west lake area, very beautiful and quiet places for study. It took about 15 minutes' walk from home.

For my primary school life, there was an icon for me - this was the Italian priest- Father Ming, he was very nice.

He lived closed to my house too (my old house was closed to the church). I remember during my school years, when I walked to school after lunch, I always met him on the road.

During Primary 5 & 6, I also started to have English classes with Father Ming, and I learned many stories from him - "The lion and the mouse", "The hare and the tortoise","The fox and the grapes".....

I liked his lessons very much, especially, sometimes I could get the chance to make conversation with him on the way to school.

I was proud of myself at that time, as I could communicate with him in English.

Though it was difficult to memorise the stories and recital as well as dictate the stores - I believe without the hard work, one can not learn the language.

Now, once in a while, whenever I pass by my primary school, it always makes me to remember my early school life there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.