2010-03-14

Last Spring Break in Austin

In my last year of college, I succesfully made a trip to Texas to visit E.

It was the college spring break. I flied down to visit him.

Though Texas is not a big city, but University of Texas is a big institute, I was excited to see their campus and observed E's college life.

During that weekend, he was pretty busy, he needed to work, to class, and also in charge of a drama.

Basically, he used bicycle, but I was not confident to use his, I walked and took the buses.

There were plenty of HK students there and they used Cantonese as the communication language. It was quite different with my case - I never talked in Cantonese during my life in Berea - except once a HK girl visited the campus and we met and we chatted in Cantonese.

Though E was busy, he introduced his friends to me, and all of them took care of me.

In addition, E cooked for me and took me out to the restaurants - they were very nice meals (Japanese food) - the memories still stayed in my mind.

He also asked friends to drove me around to see Austin - it was really a good trip, however the time flied, I needed to go back to Berea after a short stay.

He was the only contact I had in States, but we were far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.